• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What else can I do??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnorman911

Just wondering, to all of you DI's and prior candidates out there, what else can I do to get ready for OCS, because this is my life dream, I want it more than life it self. I am not worrying about what is going to hit me, like running or medical... The little things make it fun... But I am running hard, swimming, lifting wieghts, and finishing off my black belt training. I have time left in my day... Any suggestions what to do with my time...????????

NNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

KsLairsey

Intel/Crypto
I am trying to get in also so I will just give you my 2 cents worth. How is your studying skills? Sounds like you have the physical part down. From what I have heard there is not a lot of time for studying. Maybe you should read or work on the memorization as suggested by OSC.

http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
gnorman,

Just wondering what style you are training in. I'm a third degree brown in Kenpo-Jiu Jitsu. I also do ShootFighting and a little boxing and I started teaching some group classes and private lessons recently. Our tournaments are either No holds barred or ShootFighting tournaments, depending on which state they're held in. The NHB fights are much more fun though...tap out or get knocked out :devil_125

Run and do a lot of push up and situps. It's hard to prepare for anything else. The academic load is really not difficult, but if you are at the top of the class when if comes to running and doing push ups and sits ups the DI's will respect that.

bart27

Memorize everything that is required, have only three meals/day and get used to eating them in less then 15 minutes...more like 10. Expose yourself to little sleep and start getting up no later then 0500. As Candios, we mustered at 0430. Be in shape and stretch as much as possible. Warm-ups at OCS are a joke. All or some of these suggestions may be done at different times prior to reporting. That is, if you have 6 months until you report, you dont need to be getting up right now at 0500. Everything else you will just have to experience, which is the point of OCS. My $.02.

thumper

Also, add lots and lots of bends and thrusts to your work out. I had no trouble with runs, PUs or SUs, but those things killed me the first few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.