• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

I got word from my recruiter that my package hasn't been "boarded" yet. He said there is no current timeline. CNRC is waiting to collect enough packages to board and once they collect enough a board will convene. That sounds a bit wierd to me. With so many people putting in right now wouldn't you think that gathering enough packages to "board up" wouldn't be a problem?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

Meridiani

Hey Ron, remind me...what did you apply for? I heard something similar about my app last week--that boards have not convened recently. I thought it was a little odd, too, considering that my app has been down there for two months.

rhollin1

I applied for Supply, NFO, and AMDO. My package has been down there since late November as well. Your not from San Diego are you?

Meridiani

Hmmm, well we didn't apply to any of the same communities. I wonder what those folks are doing down there in Tenessee.
magnify_125.gif

I'm not from San Diego. Though I'd like to be right now, it's pretty cold here in Colorado this week!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What goes on in Tennesee? I'm from there thats why I ask. Just curious. Thanks.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Meridiani

Naval Recruiting Command is in Millington, TN. That's where our OCS applications go...to die, apparently.
icon_smile_wink.gif

unfUSN

Originally posted by Rayman
That's where our OCS applications go...to die, apparently.
icon_smile_wink.gif

I hope it won't be so to deserving applicants, right?
eyebrows_125.gif

rayman

I'm not sure if the guys who review the packages are in the same confrence as the detailers... but most of the detailers are at some conference this week until next week.

I was stashed at NRD Jacksonville for 5 months before Supply school and I can tell you that CNRC works on their own schedule...

From what I have been told... AMDO is very hard to get unless you are a prior enlisted aviation or supply rate. Supply has been great for me!
Good luck with your package!!

ENS Payne

There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.
- Joseph Conrad

Brianlegg

I was told yesterday from Ed Phillips in Milington that I should expect to wait at least two months to hear word back on my application. From what I am hearing is that no matter what community you are applying for, your package will go around to every community that you are eligle for. Has anyone else heard differntly?

Brian

rhollin1

When did you put your package in Brian? I put mine in at the end of November. Man, I hope it doesn't take an additional 2 months.

Brianlegg

My package was received on Jan 30. I really don't want to wait 2 months to find out. This first week has gone by sooooo slow.

Brian

rhollin1

It's been 10 weeks so far for mine. After three weeks, I just forgot about it. Well, anyway, good luck.

Brianlegg

I called Ed Philips, the OCS coordinator yesterday in Milington, he said I was a non-select for NFO, SWO is closed and that my package has been sent to AMDO. Wish me luck with the 3rd choice. If I'm a non-select for AMDO I'm headed for the gulf onboard USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71). I intend to apply and reapply until I'm too old. Maybe they'll just get sick of seeing my name and pick me up.

Go navy!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.