• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does the Navy do with vanilla CIS majors?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Do you just handle infomation systems or do you get the same responsiblities as any other Suppo?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you're a designated supply officer (3100), your degree should not dictate what billets you fill. That's what the Supply school is for.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Sounds good to me. Now if only the Supply board would quit torturing me and give me some feedback. The BDCP wait is killing me. It's been about 3 weeks.

BackOrdered

Contributor
nublett said:
We could use some good Intell Os with CIS degrees!

Yeah, I put down Intel as well. I would have been better informed if I put down Crypto instead of SWO. Right now, being a JC transfer is my biggest weak area. I wasn't able to finish my first University term soon enough (I got str8 A's). I would have waited if I knew it would be an issue. We will see if the "whole person" philosophy holds true.

nublett

Been there, done that.
tiz84 said:
Yeah, I put down Intel as well. I would have been better informed if I put down Crypto instead of SWO. Right now, being a JC transfer is my biggest weak area. I wasn't able to finish my first University term soon enough (I got str8 A's). I would have waited if I knew it would be an issue. We will see if the "whole person" philosophy holds true.

Tiz, junior college shouldn't hold you back. You'll be graduating from a real (yes, as opposed to pretend) University. Keep your grades up, your nose clean, etc. I believe the "whole person" philosophy has and will continue to be the SOP. Suppo was my second choice, but I'm glad I got Intell. If for whatever reason supply passes on you, their loss will be Intell's gain.

BackOrdered

Contributor
nublett said:
Tiz, junior college shouldn't hold you back. You'll be graduating from a real (yes, as opposed to pretend) University. Keep your grades up, your nose clean, etc. I believe the "whole person" philosophy has and will continue to be the SOP. Suppo was my second choice, but I'm glad I got Intell. If for whatever reason supply passes on you, their loss will be Intell's gain.

Thanks. It means something coming from someone who made it in.