• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does the average NROTC scholarship winner look like?

User1993

I'm just about to start college this fall at the local community college. I'm hoping to get amazing grades and transfer to Embry-Riddle in Florida as a jr. So, in about two years. I want to know what a decent candidate for this scholarship looks like. GPA/SAT/PFT etc. Also are you able to get a guaranteed flight slot through NROTC before signing anything? My goal (like nearly everyone) is to become a Naval Aviator. So IF I were to get that scholarship and they didn't let me put in a app for aviation that would suck.

-Sorry if my questions are ignorant, please just enlighten me. Thank you.

Anthony_N

Marine Option NROTC Scholarship Recipient
I'm a high school senior and I was awarded the HBCU version of the scholarship. This is what I had when I applied for the Marine FCB NROTC scholarship:

GPA- 3.65 on a 4.0 scale
SAT-1630 Total, 1110 Math/Reading
ACT- 23
PFT- 249 (17 Pull ups, 22:11 3 Mile, 90 Crunches)
And plenty of extracurriculars, leadership positions and varsity sports.

Now I'm waiting on the National NROTC Scholarship with a 3.7 GPA, 25 ACT, 272 PFT and an upgraded resume.

Hope this helps abit!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm just about to start college this fall at the local community college. I'm hoping to get amazing grades and transfer to Embry-Riddle in Florida as a jr. So, in about two years. I want to know what a decent candidate for this scholarship looks like. GPA/SAT/PFT etc. Also are you able to get a guaranteed flight slot through NROTC before signing anything? My goal (like nearly everyone) is to become a Naval Aviator. So IF I were to get that scholarship and they didn't let me put in a app for aviation that would suck.

The only way you can enter the NROTC as a college Junior is through a program called College Program. If you contact the NROTC directly and ask to speak to the Officer Recruiter, that person can educate you about the process.

No, Navy Midshipmen do not get a guaranteed spot in anything prior to signing up. You must compete for the designator along with all other NROTC midshipmen during your senior year.

Most of this info is already in other threads on this site. Take some time to poke around, and you'll get most of your questions answered.

exNavyOffRec

If you want as close to a guarantee as you can get then what you should do is strive for the best GPA you can, then about a year from graduation find an officer recruiter and 6 months from graduation apply to OCS for a pilot designator.