• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does one do if denied aviation option??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadsword2004

Hey, when I originally meant with my Marine OSO, he asked me if I had any interest in becoming a pilot. I told him I wasn't sure, but that I was leaning more towards infantry and probably would do that (i.e. ground option). However, after some weeks of serious thinking, I've decided to go air.

When he contacts me again, I will tell him this. Now I still have to take the PFT, do all the paperwork, and apply and such, so nothing is set in stone right now I suppose, but what do I do if he says there are no longer any remaining slots for the PLC-Aviation Option (i.e. other pilot-hopefuls applied and took up those PLC-Aviation slots)??

Should I wait to apply later or something, or am I up a creek without the paddle on that or what??

Or does it not matter and one just applied for the PLC-Aviation option amongst all the other hopefuls out there and hopes that the selection board selects them??

peanut3479

pilot
If your OSO thinks you have a competitive application he/she will send it in to the board, regardless of how many other apps they're submitting for the same class (if they don't then I'd say find another OSO). If your application gets rejected by the board then you can always apply again, in which case your OSO should help you make your application more competitive for the next board.

Broadsword2004

Yeah; I need to seriously up these pullups. I will apply as many times as I have to; no matter what, I am gonna be a Marine officer.

Broadsword2004

By the way, how does one "find another OSO" if such a need ever did arise; aren't you stuck with the one who is in your area??

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If you go to a college that in a particular OSOs area then you are stuck with that OSO. However, if you are a college graduate you can go to any OSO. However, don't be surprise if the OSO asks you why you flew half way across America to see him/her vice going to the one in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.