• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what does it take to get a 35 on OAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chericheri

So how well do I need to do on the ATSB to get a 35?? I actually need to do way better than that b/c my gpa is so low but I need something to go by...like how many q's can I get right and wrong?? And I am supposed to be taking all of these tests in the same day b/c my recruiter only told me about the ATSB test not taking another test w/nautical knowledge etc. for NFO....urg.

satin_patriot

not much

it doesn't take much to get a 35. Just study. There's a study guide on this website. I also checked out books about math (geometry/trig/algebra etc), physics, mechanics, flight, nautical, etc. depending on whether or not you generally do OK on standardized tests, you could do pretty well without studying. Of course, a 35 won't get you too far. Shoot higher. You'll do fine.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think an OAR of 35 is competitive at all really... I've heard that you need at least a 55 to begin to be competitive.... especially if your GPA is low. I'd aim high if I were you and study my tail off. Good luck in your endeavor!

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
OK, for a 35 on the OAR, I think you need to have a pulse and be breathing. Seriously though, just RELAX!!! You are way to worried about this stuff, just study a bit, relax, and you'll do fine!

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I scored a 53, had a 3.45, and was pro rec/nonselect. Right now the avg. OAR going through NCRD Pittsburgh is 60. Study bro....

voodoo1

Voodoo1
I wouldn't shoot for 35. I am currently enlisted and just found out I was a non-select for Supply, Intel, and Crypto. I have an OAR of 40 and they probably didnt even look at how the rest of my package look because my package make me sound like I walk on water. They will probably look at your OAR first then the rest of your package just to weed out those that are not in competition. Think about it. If everyone's package sounds like everyone walks on water, which is mostly likely the case for the enlisted personnel applying, then the only determining factor to start selection is how well he or she does on their OAR. I do believe that to be competitive at all you have to score in the high 50's because that is the average that Millington told me. I am retaking my OAR to get a better score so my suggestion is to study your butt off!! Do not settle for anything less than a 60 in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.