• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what does an ASTB score mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
i'm mostly confused because i didn't see a result, i talked to my guy over the phone and he said i did "alright"

hesitant to post what he said in case it sucked and he was being easy on me, but he basically just said two numbers ("you got a seven eight"). does that mean 7/8, 78, or what. i've seen people say they got a two digit number, and i've seen people say they got three numbers, 1/2/3

my GPA's risky, i have a 3.2, but this last semester might have sucked, so i have to wait and see where that takes my grade, so i'm starting to get real concerned about the details. if anybody can explain this to me, i'm much obliged

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
The ASTB has two scores. One is an aggregate and the other refers to the aviation part. The aggregate is a two digit score called the OAR. The other one has three parts and is usually written as x/x/x. Hope this helps.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your recruiter meant that you got a 7/8. There were 6 different scores back when I took the test in early 2003. The two that your recruiter was likely referencing are the AQR and PFAR or FOFAR (depending on whether you are hoping for pilot or NFO). The first score, AQR, I believe stands for Academic Qualification Rating. The second one is either the Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating or the Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating. A score of 7/8 is very good, the best you can do is 9's. Depending on what fiscal year you are trying to get an OCS spot for, you may or may not be considered competitive with those ASTB scores. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Most likely a 7/8. If you got a 78 OAR, you are required to publish a book on how to do well on the ASTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.