• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does a jo do if ship is in yards?

Bry38

The ship I selected is in the yards for OCS. And it won't be out for over a year. I'm finishing up ocs. What will I be doing after I finish my school since the ship is in the yards?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
The ship I selected is in the yards for OCS. And it won't be out for over a year. I'm finishing up ocs. What will I be doing after I finish my school since the ship is in the yards?
You will report and do your job. You will still have a division to lead, you will still have quals to work on, and you will also have the opportunity to help manage certain aspects of the availability. It's also a great time for you to get sent TDY to training schools like Legal Officer school or Repair Party Locker Leader school. Talk with your sponsor to figure out what division they're throwing you into, that will dictate what your shipyard experience is going to be like.