• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do these scores mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

OAR FOFAR PFAR AQR ?? I am completely clueless as to what these scores mean or signify. Can someone please enlighten me so I know what I am looking foward to? Thanks bunches!

Nikki

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
not sure about AQR, but OAR I believe is the Officer Aptitude Rating, FOFAR I think is your Aptitude rating to be a Flight Officer, and PFAR is your Pilot aptitude. All those are used for the ASTB test given by the Navy, only the FOFAR and PFAR are used by the Marines. I'm sure somebody out there could elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong. I know that for the FOFAR, PFAR and AQR the highest scores you can get are 9/9/9.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Nikki

Thank you for the response, I am taking the ASTB for the marine corps and am wondering if the astb gouges on this site cover an adequete amount of info that will be on the real test.

tdunn

The gouges on this site are pretty close to the actual exam. Check out the forum "I just took the ASTB form 1...got any questions" The gouges here really are better than any book by ARCO. How this helps!

wildflyin69

yeah, the test is almost exactly like the practice test which you can get from your recruiter, they just change numbers. I found the test to be quite easy after preparing for it from the gouge I found here. I also made sure I knew the spacial apperception portion cold. I don't know how far ahead your test is, but it doesn't hurt to have some aeronautical knowledge. If you have some time you can download the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge off the FAA website and it will teach you some basics. it helped me A LOT. Good luck on your test.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Nikki

Thanks a lot. So, is the first gouge the practice test, the second just spacial apperception and the third mechanics and physics? I only found three astb gouges and can't believe that's all that's covered. Does the test cover grammer/english? I didn't see that on there at all. Thanks for all the input.

Nikki

tdunn

There is a little bit of english/ grammer on the exam. If I remember correctly it mainly just dealt w/ the proper use of a word or phrase in a paragraph. If you know how to use context clues, you should be in good shape. Hope this helps.

wildflyin69

I personally think the grammer section is just to see if you can follow orders, but who knows? Anyway, the math and grammer are in the same section...I think it was ten questions math then ten of english, then back to math again and so on. after that was the mechanical section I believe (just basic physics and common sense). After that is the spacial apperception then the Aviation / nautical knowledge part. for that I would make sure to look at some basic aviation stuff and basic nautical stuff. then you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.