• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do the BDCP boards look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator3000

I wanted to know what the BDCP boards look at. I believe it is GPA, ASTB, PRT, letters of reference, and other activity's.

Do they factor anything else in? Examples, I work full time and watch my godson a lot. Would they take into consideration anything like that? Would volunteering for big brother big sister or something like that help my chances?

here is my situation, GPA sucks (from previous **** semesters) but have recently been kicking my GPA's ass to were it needs to be, ASTB haven't taken it, but did take a practice test out of a military flight aptitude book out of the library (I kicked ass in everything except verbal), PRT Im not worried about I am in great shape (I will definitely get outstanding, outstanding, and either and outstanding or excellent on the run (9:15 is pushing it for me so I can't be sure of an excellent), letters of reference my best friends dad is a retired air force major and a current math professor (he will write me up a nice letter) maybe a coupe of college professors or a couple other people I know will write me letters. I would like to hear all opinions, and any factual information anybody can provide.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aviator3000 said:
Do they factor anything else in? Examples, I work full time and watch my godson a lot. Would they take into consideration anything like that? Would volunteering for big brother big sister or something like that help my chances?

Yes, they will probably look at all of that as long as you include the info in your application. They call it a "whole person concept." You should be fine.

Aviator3000

Thanks Ben, from reading different posts I don't know if I will be "fine", but i am just hoping to have a fighting chance. There are probably 1,000's of people just like me, only they didn't **** there gpa and have to dig themselves out of a hole. The way it sounds is that BDCP is probably the best program you can get, but I'm sure it has to be the hardest to get into. Thanks for the support though.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aviator3000 said:
Thanks Ben, from reading different posts I don't know if I will be "fine", but i am just hoping to have a fighting chance. There are probably 1,000's of people just like me, only they didn't **** there gpa and have to dig themselves out of a hole. The way it sounds is that BDCP is probably the best program you can get, but I'm sure it has to be the hardest to get into. Thanks for the support though.

BDCP is great. You get a guaranteed designator before you sign the contract. You also get a paycheck. The only drawback is that once you swear in you are committed to serve a 4yr active/4year reserve contract. (Said contract is superceded when you get comissioned.) The benefit of going into OCS without BDCP is that you aren't obligated to do anything if you decide the military isn't for you. If you DOR from OCS you simply go home. BDCP people who DOR get sent to enlisted boot.

ROTC/Academy are great options for those young enough to apply. The only downsides are a definite committment and lack of designator guarantee.

Any questions?

Aviator3000

I do have more questions but an hour from now I am getting PRK eye surgery (wish me luck). I will be back on late sunday or monday to ask them, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.