• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What determines rank in API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee600

Does anybody know what factors determine your class rank in API?
I have heard that API starts with an inspection and a PRT then you work mostly on academics and swimming. Do the inspection, PRT, and swimming evolutions count towards your overall grade or are they just counted as pass/fail? If they are counted based on times and prt scores then how much does this weight in relation to the academic course work?

dingo155

VFA-87 Paddles
not sure how much the PRT counts (all other athletic things are pass/fail) counts, but I only got the minimum on the PRT (recovering from ACL surgery) and I still managed to get #1 in my class. The guy who was second also ran a high-11 minute 1.5 mile. The academics are weighted un-equally (i heard) but they are all pretty close.
It is true that every point counts, but in the grand scheme of things API does not count for very much. The range of scores from the top to the bottom of your API class is not very much considering that API counts only for a few percent of your overall. Basically, get through it and move on to flying the plane...

"Friends don't let friends fly junk (T-34 and T-37)"

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Your scores at API do not count at all for primary selection.

Dave

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Its been a while. Your API grades don't count nor do your first ground school classes (systems and Metro). CPT's are also not a part of your NSS for selection. However, BI and RI sims are no counted into your NSS as is the IGS test.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.