• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigs_34

i've been pro re'cd for a pilot position through bdcp, and am confident on gettin my final selection, but what are the chances of getting a pilot position without going through bdcp..(i.e. applying once you get out of college or applying after grad. school) i get the impression that it would be harder, because they seem to fill their slots through the bdcp program, but curious if it is harder, and if so, how much??....especially after already being accepted through bdcp. assuming i get final selected, i am weighing my choices one final time before i sign the dotted line. i def. want to serve and a pilot slot is a great opportunity for me, but i am thinking about going to grad. school first or.......well, just keeping my options open. if i pass up on this, are my dreams of being a navy pilot shot?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you want to be a pilot, you shouldn't pass up a slot. I don't think the Navy would look to favorably about someone who turned down BDCP, then tried to apply later.

Status
Not open for further replies.