• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are the Best NROTC Colleges?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just wondering which colleges had the best programs for NROTC. Do some send more to aviation/nuke, etc? Also are some units more friendly towards greeks than others? I'm a high school junior and I'm looking at BC, Villanova, BU, Tulane, Maryland and Holy Cross for now. Thanks a lot!
Well, I guess I would ask what you mean when you say "best programs"? What is it you are looking to accomplish at your chosen school? Do you want more of the "military" environment or something that is laid back? Are you looking to study engineering or French history?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
OK, nothing against the Norwich, VMI, VPISU, Tx A&M, Citadel, Kings Point, and other military colleges...but these are in a separate class than an academic college in relation to NROTC programs. If you are thinking mil college, think about going USNA, IMHO.

Norwich University. Oldest, private military college in the country and the birthplace of ROTC
This may be correct for the ROTC, but not NROTC. NROTC originated at University of California at Berkeley, Georgia Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, University of Washington, and Harvard and Yale Universities.

GO JACKETS. (and GO GREEK. D-Chi here...)