• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances?

ASTB: 63 7/7/6
GPA: 3.5
Major: Mechanical Engineering
School: Cornell University (Ivy League)

That was my first attempt, do I think I should take the exam again? I talked to two recruiters and they all said I should expect to get selected.

Ghost SWO

Contributor

That was my first attempt, do I think I should take the exam again? I talked to two recruiters and they all said I should expect to get selected.
The copout answer to your question of whether you should retest: It's up to you. Would I expect a selection with your scores? I don't know if I would be that bold, I've seen it go both ways across several boards now.

6 FOFAR and 7 PFAR are fairly average for the Excel sheet statistics. October had a 6.8 PFAR and 6.6 FOFAR average for selection on the Excel sheet. You're 23, you've got plenty of time and the next board after January may be delayed a cycle or two, so if you're not submitted for January already you should have plenty of time to retest and score higher PFAR and FOFAR for the next board. I'm going out on a limb here, they probably don't care about your Ivy League university... Reminds me of The Office lol. What college did you go to again?

Last edited:
Lmaoooo I've heard the office reference too many times. I'll def take again, I'm going to buy a joystick and us an inverted aim trainer to practice. I didn't realize how important the PBM was. Thanks for your two cents.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

I got picked up with similar ASTB scores and a lower GPA. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.