• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances?

Hoog187

21 years old
College Sophmore
Marine PLC aviation contract "hopefully"
ASVAB-93
AQR-7
PFAR-8
FOFAR-7
OAR-55
18 pull ups
90 sit ups
20:59 3 mile
263 PFT
Any comments would help thanks!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can search the threads here to see what kind of numbers are getting in the door. You're certainly competitive, but they don't select just on numbers. Your expert is your OSO and is predisposed to get you on contract so take what the OSO says as your best indicator.

BullGator

You can search the threads here to see what kind of numbers are getting in the door. You're certainly competitive, but they don't select just on numbers. Your expert is your OSO and is predisposed to get you on contract so take what the OSO says as your best indicator.
Yes.

What is your GPA? Are you involved with extra curricular activities and community service? That would help us better gauge you possible chances, but your OSO will know best here. Good luck-

rjmayer

on the subject of extra curricular activities...i didn't really have any in HS. I worked about 30-35 hours a week at a garden center plus a full time student in honor classes. Why? Because i was paying my way through flight school at minimum wage. My OSO says that looks just as good if not better than something like glee club or marching band. They mostly just want to know that you didn't go home after school and play xbox for 12 hours.

Zbone8762

Get the PFT up (not because you won't get selected but to make your life easier at OCS). You can do it - Good luck!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Keep in mind the OP wants Marine Air. The experiences of USN OCS guys will not be exactly on point. Please do not give the guy bum gouge just to get your post count up.

Zbone8762

Wink - I don't know if your comments are directed at me - BUT - I am a Marine who went through the PLC program a couple years ago. I'm not trying to get my posts up - I rarely post/ visit this site and think I can offer my opinion

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wink - I don't know if your comments are directed at me - BUT - I am a Marine who went through the PLC program a couple years ago. I'm not trying to get my posts up - I rarely post/ visit this site and think I can offer my opinion
If I was I would have quoted you as in this post, or simply called you out. My post was a general heads up for the guys that just can't wait to be helpful, and frequently are not. That is because they don't read the entire thread, don't know the guy they are talking to, don't have timely info, or even know what forum they are in, as in USMC. They may have accurate gouge, but they misdirect it and confuse the poor wannabe that knows no different. Not the case for you and I knew that.