• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances for SNA? NAVY OCS

TuskegeeNavy

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

ASTB score is a 48, NA: 6, NFO: 5

70+ hours of flight time

I am prior service enlisted Air Force (6yrs, Avionics Tech)

28 years old, MBA from Touro College, GPA: 3.6

I am applying for the June 15th board.

I applied for Air Force OTS (Pilot) but with the Air Force undergoing force shaping it is extremely difficult and I have been advised that I would only be able to get NAV or Air Battle Management. Like most who have aspirations of being a pilot, I really just want to fly! My recruiter told me that the board selection rates vary month to month and that he has no idea what might happen. Any advise, or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
You have a 64.8 percent chance. Better astb scores would probably put into the 76 percent chance range.

TuskegeeNavy

Thanks for the input sir! I will take 64.8% all day! I like 76% better though! I'll be in church every sunday for sure!

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Thanks for the input sir! I will take 64.8% all day! I like 76% better though! I'll be in church every sunday for sure!

Okay, time to get real.

#1 He was joking as I am sure you are aware.

#2 A 48 ASTB would be the lowest ASTB by far of anyone I have personally seen get accepted and I've seen a few.

Re-take your ASTB.

BTW, with prior service, you can only be waived to 29 yrs old; you must be commissioned by the time you are 29.

R/

Lt Mitchell

GodSpeed1997

Hello everyone,

new here, but I took my ASTBE for the third time and got a score of 54 7/8/7, however my GPA is a 2.5. My major is Biology with a focus in neuroscience, I was super involved in a fraternity in college and held chair positions. I was wondering if I had a chance or not for being selected for OCS going for SNA or NFO.

Thanks a lot!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hello everyone,

new here, but I took my ASTBE for the third time and got a score of 54 7/8/7, however my GPA is a 2.5. My major is Biology with a focus in neuroscience, I was super involved in a fraternity in college and held chair positions. I was wondering if I had a chance or not for being selected for OCS going for SNA or NFO.

Thanks a lot!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.