• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What a difference it makes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Fowler

Thought I'd let you guys know this, even though I'm an NROTC Midshipman and not involved with OCS.

I have been reading pretty much all of the posts on this board recently and I have seen the recent discussions about whether the Navy will average your three scores (running, pushups, situps) at your In-PRT at OCS, or whether they will simply use the old system and take your lowest.

I simply wanted to let you guys know, from OFFICIAL Navy personal experience, how much of a difference there can be.

I took a PFT with my NROTC unit yesterday (the morning of 9/11), and scored 121 situps, 51 pushups, and an 11:44 run. Although my run and pushup scores were not very good at all, my situp score (I am a 19-year-old male, and my maximum situp score is 109) was enouhg to propel my overall score to Good-High.

This being said, at both running and pushups I scored a Satisfactory-Medium, which is not very good at all. Under the old system, Sat-Medium would have been my score; under the new system, Good-High is my score (due to the fact that I not only maxed situps but friggin' blew the max situp score out of the water!
icon_mi_11.gif
)

Just thought I'd show you guys from experience how much of a difference bewtween the new and old systems there can be.

V/R
MIDN 3/c Fowler

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
ugh, dude! you need to work on your push ups!!! anyway, what's the new system? i thought if you failed one event, you fail the whole, isn't it?

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
51 push ups in 2 mins, we had a guy at a Marine pre-ship do 81 in 1 minute? And why on earth would they count more than the max on anything, ...Good ole Navy, lol.

Alex Fowler

Well I got 74 pushups on my most recent test (like a month after that one), I wasn't "on" that day for some reason...

twidget

Deskaholic
If you fail one event you still fail the PRT. Even maxed out push-ups and sit-ups will not save a failed run. The change is the averaging of the individual events to get the overall score.

confused_pilot

One fail is a complete fail this is true.. but what you forget to mention is the 11:44 is NOT a fail, the new system is ok with "sat's" in events as long as you get a good-low, its good-bye see ya in 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.