• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"well rounded" question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar155

is good to go
So recently i spoke to a marine air candidate. He gave me some good advice and said i have a really strong package so far. He did mention that i should get involved with some sort of program that would demonstrate to the navy my leadership skills. So now im wondering what many of you guys have been involved with?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Guessing you are not in High School, so I won't go into that...
If you are still in college and your school has clubs and stuff like that... leadership positions in the club.
Also, helping out with programs such as Sea Cadets or Civil Air Patrol (as an adult supervising and mentoring the kids).

Also any community service organizations. If you take an active role in them and help to organize events.

I am sure there are many others, but those are some of the things I have seen people do.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
What about flying type clubs. Join AOPA, if you have an Alpha Eta Rho chapter at your school go to that. Otherwise find a club where it would be really easy to get some sort of leadership position. Just check out your school's activities office.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Lonestar155 said:
So now im wondering what many of you guys have been involved with?

president of 2 engineering organizations and international rep for one of them (AIAA and IEEE). I was an orientation leader for the new upcomming students a few summers ago. RA at the dorms. Volunteer work with the local Police Dept. and teaching karate lessons part time and running the classes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Leadership

If you want my honest opinion, none of that stuff matters or is looked at unless you have other negative issues that you need to overcome or decentuate. Focus on your grades and study for the OAR/Flight aptitude tests etc.

Brett
EA-6B ECMO

Status
Not open for further replies.