• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weird situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

When I had my PRT yesterday my recruiter weighed me and I weighed about 17 under what I know I weigh. Should I say something to him about this or just let it go? What would you do if this were you? I am thinking about telling him.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

marti

What would be the point? Then again, why would you hesitate to say something if you are within limits to begin with. Regardless, the scales at Meps and Nomi are sure to be right on.

rhollin1

Thing is they didn't weigh me at MEPS. Hell I didn't even go to MEPS. My recruiter had me go to MCRD a local military base. The Marine boot camp base here in San Diego. And yes for my height I am over the maximum. I am around 228 and the max is like 204 or something. I weighed in at 214. He has told me before not to worry about my weight and that if I am accepted I would have to come within limits by the time I report to OCS.

grouch

When I went through MEPS I weighed 198 and the scale said 192 which so happens to be the max. Weird huh? Didn't grip though. I didn't say anything because I knew I'd loose it. I am currently 181.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

Just run, run and run some more. I'm telling you if you run your butt off you will drop the wieght in a matter of seconds!!!

Peace,

-Spin

grouch

Yeh and drink a lot of water. Thats probably the two biggest weight loss tips I know of.

Piece of what?
grouch

jjitaly2001

I lost 30 pounds in 6 months through running and eating right. If I can do it, anyone can. While doing it, I improved my run time by more than 2 minutes...

John - OCS 07 December

rhollin1

I didn’t do it primarily running. I also did cardio using the Precor machine. Much better on your body and it’s easier to go longer which burns more calories. If I ran as much as I use the Precor I would be tore up. I can burn over 900 calories in one session. I brought my run from a 13:30 to an 11:20. That's just the run without doing the PRT. In the PRT my run was 11:50. I guess the PU and SU killed me and my run suffered a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.