• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weekend liberty

trevor jones

I was suprised to hear that you get weekend liberty at ocs. Is this true? Is it like a one time deal or over the ten weeks to you get a good amount of weekends off?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
you get 24 hours of libbo for 6 of your 9 weekends there. However, things like reinspection, remedial ropes, firewatch, and duty company, will cut into your libbo time.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
and don't think they're BSing you when they threaten to secure liberty altogether.

it's great when you get it, but you can't always count on when or how much you're gonna get.

and Quantico's far from everything, and 95 traffic makes it further, if you're planning on heading off base. learned my lesson on that one, lemme tell ya.

trevor jones

I just thought it sounded crazy. I would probably just try to relax and catch up on some sleep. There's gotta be a hotel or something nearby

Lawman

None
Also dont fail anything. Being on Company probation is automatic restriction to Base (I.E. Base Liberty) which is the same thing the Duty Platoon/Company guys get restricted too. This limits your options outside of sitting around Brown field to Q-town and the PX. If your on Battalion Probation (you really F'd up) you dont even get to leave Brown field save to go to the chow hall and you dont get to wear Civvies. We had a guy on Battalion Probation from week 5 till he was axed at the 9 week boards.

If you do end up on Company probation dont fret to much about it. Lots of guys do since its any 3 events. Plus you may get special permission from the Company CO to take regular liberty. We got that the weekend after The Endurance Course, Night Compass test, and CRT. The CO was impressed with the Company putting out that week and decided it would be a good reward.

Relax and get some sleep is exactly what you need to do on Liberty. Especially on your first liberty because when you come back you will be smoked. There are lots of Hotels up in the Patomic Mills area as well as several down south in Garrisonville. Most people get a group of 4 or so candidates and share the cab ride.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
They tell you that liberty is part of the evaluation process. They want to see how you are going to act when out on the town on your own, how you act after liberty secures and your back on duty, and they want to see if you actually do come back. ;)

Liberty was awesome, but I have to admit that it totally screwed my "internal clock". Before we started getting libo, I pretty much just went eveing BDR to evening BDR. The first thing I looked forward to during reveille every morning was being able to hit the rack at lights out again. It made the days go by a lot quicker for me. After our first libo, All I looked forward to was the next libo. Suddenly the days went by a lot slower and week 4 took forvever to end.