• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkolker

Is there a website similar to this one but geared towards SWO or SWO(n) ?

Also, any informative websites--especially first-hand experiences--will be appreciated.

Thank you!

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
rare21 said:
sailorbob.com ..watch out its a total moan session.

Sailrbob is good. Pretty accurate reflection of SWO life. Heck, I work with a couple and they are actually great guys.

Here are a couple of good SWO quotes from SB:

1) SWO fire solution: STAB, STAB, LOOK, STAB, STAB.

2) How do you know when SWO's are confused? They are stabbing each other in the chest.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rare,

no offense man, but you don't know what you're talking about. SailorBob is awesome. If you want to know what's going on in the fleet or what's coming up soon, someone on there is talking about it.

A few years back, big navy decided it was going to make an online community for SWO's (not sure if they did this for other communities too) called SWOnet. Basically, it was supposed to be a place where SWO's could go to ask questions or just talk with other SWO's. There are other facets to SWOnet, however not important for this discussion. At any rate, many of soon found out that when asking questions on SWOnet, people would often be berated, belittled, or flamesprayed. There happened to be this one guy over there, SailorBob, who became somewhat of a legend. Still not exactly sure how. But anyway, he decided he was going to start his own website...one that was a little more friendly. He succeeded and now has quite the following. Interesting how the navy is spending mucho dinero on SWOnet (also known as Shoenet on SB), and SailorBob is only spending a very, very small fraction of that.

I guess if you're not used to being around SWO's, the tone may throw you off. Regardless, there's still a lot of info on it.

SteveG....yea, those are good quotes. There's a helluva lot more over there too. What are you doing up in Newport?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
wow, unless i'm reading the sailorbob.com from a different dimension, many threads start or cumulate with someone *****ing. I'm not saying its a bad website, it has good info on swo stuff but it seems everyone is bitter about a lot of things. Sucks to hear there's another site thats even worse.

if you want swo info go and see it for yourself...you may be right at home with it.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Checked it out, there was the requisite complaining, but the best part was the Commander who claims Naval Aviation is a community that "eats 'till they are sleepy, sleeps 'till they are hungry."

Excellent!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't get it. Are you guys just *****ing because there's actually a website for SWO's. There's plenty of complaining on Airwarriors. In fact, there was a thread about that very fact, and many an aviator was rogering up that it is just "normal" for people to vent that way.

Varmint, was that Commander's claim incorrect?

BTW, the original poster posted his question over on SB and was treated quite well.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
I don't get it. Are you guys just *****ing because there's actually a website for SWO's. There's plenty of complaining on Airwarriors. In fact, there was a thread about that very fact, and many an aviator was rogering up that it is just "normal" for people to vent that way.

Hope I didn't give the impression that I was complaining. I just noted the complaining on their website which (in my not-all-encompassing experience) is normal throughout the Navy.

Steve Wilkins said:
Varmint, was that Commander's claim incorrect?
Hope not ... :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.