• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

I know they move all the aircraft out of the area when theres a hurricane comin through, did they do that in P-cola? where do they fly the aircraft to?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Where's the nearest party?
icon_smile.gif

Rainman

pilot
They did it @ Whiting. Not all the aircraft. Whatever they couldn't hangar between North and South Fields. Not sure what the destination was. How about. .. ...NORTH. Yes, apparently there's a beer shortage now b/c 1000 aviators have nothing to do. . ..lock up your daughters.

Jack

They, in the past, have moved them north to Rucker or Meridian. I'm not sure if any of the Gators on this board remember when we were supposed to have that hurricane come through Gainesville. The grocery stores were sold out, completely gone - nadda - even the PBR was gone. The hurricane turned out to be a dud, but it was a great excuse to get housed. [xx(]

ProwlerPilot

pilot
No, they all have to sleep on the wings of the plane in the hangers wherever they take them. You can sleep in the cockpit too if you want, but it is more comfortable to sleep out on the wings.

Rainman

pilot
**** bee bee bee beep beep beep UPDATE *****

They went to Shaw AFB last time and again today.

"They" tell me that they'll only come in (from their wing sofas) if the hurricane reaches category III intensity within 300 nautical miles. Then these hard charges dig fighting holes near the hangar and "set in" aiming stakes.

and you thought IPs weren't hardcore.

The Wiz

Glen, smart ass, i meant did they stay at a base or in a hotel, i know they dont sleep on the damn wing.

Jack

Man, now I know where you got the name "WIZ", with that caliber of deductive reasoning. [B)]

Status
Not open for further replies.