• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

weather in P-cola for winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Hey, I've been to P-cola in the summer and I noticed how there is a gulf breeze..but what is it like during the winter months?? And do most of the buildings at OCS have heat? (I had a friend who said everyone froze and got sick when he was there...the wool blankets were not enough!)

sonnyb

I've lived in Pcola for the past 13 years. Some winters have been mild and some have been pretty cold. I believe highs avg in the mid 50's and the lows in the upper 30's in Jan. Winters can be pretty wet too.

tali264

wow, winter in Pensacola sounds like heaven. Try coming to Wisconsin..... they don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing [:p]

ghost_ttu

That's why the intelligent people live in Texas where it doesn't freeze like that. Just gets a little bit cold and that's it.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

tali264

What...intelligent people live in Texas???
Sorry to be so shocked, ghost is the only one I know from there. hehe [:D]

Also.....

What's the real difference between a Yankee Zoo and a Southern Zoo?

On the cage, a Yankee Zoo will have the name of the animal and then the scientific name in Latin.

Whereas, a Southern Zoo will have the name of the animal and the recipe.....!

nuff said [:p]

ghost_ttu

Hell yeah!!!! If you don't know how to cook it, it will all taste like chicken.

tali264

ok, how about this one....

The aspiring psychiatrists were attending their first class on emotional extremes.
"Just to establish some parameters," said the professor, to the student
from Arkansas, "What is the opposite of joy?"
"Sadness," said the student.
"And the opposite of depression?" he asked of the young lady from
Oklahoma.
"Elation," she said.
"And you sir," he said to the young man from Texas, "How about the
opposite of woe?"
The Texan replied, "Sir, I believe that would be 'giddy up'."

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Hey! Watch out FlyGirl, Texas is the greatest of all states, and I'm sure you'll be lucky enough to be going through OCS with a few of us. You might even do primary in Corpus Christi or possibly get lucky enough to land jets in Kingsville.[:D]

ghost_ttu

henneke: are you going to the Alliance air show this weekend? I'm going to it on Sunday, I'm going to Baylor on Sat. to take my AF test.

Valion310

Now we know why everyone up there are Cheese Heads and likes the Packers, your heads are frozen! .... [:D]

Originally posted by tali264
wow, winter in Pensacola sounds like heaven. Try coming to Wisconsin..... they don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing [:p]

tali264

hehehe LOL

I guess that's one explanation [:p] - although you have no idea how the city gets when there's a game - it's gotta be more than just frozen heads
icon_smile_wink.gif

grouch

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
henneke: are you going to the Alliance air show this weekend? I'm going to it on Sunday, I'm going to Baylor on Sat. to take my AF test.
Ghost, I might go Sunday. I'll call Johnathan and see whats up. Good luck on that test at Baylor. All the test I took there didn't work out so good[:(!]

ghost_ttu

*laughs* Don't be tossing any bad juju on the Waco grounds.....I'm not too proud to take luck...

grouch

Waco doesn't need any more bad juju. What's up with the AF test you pinko trader? Good luck to you on it though. Get your flu shot and take some antibiotics befor you go, the ROTC building use to be the qwack shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.