• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wearing of Wings

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Can we wear anodized (shiny) wings with digi cammies?

Uniform regs are vague and I see both being worn.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I was just "discussing" this with another Aviator and I mentioned that it wouldn't make sense to make subdued wings mandatory when we wear shiny rank insignia...but there's a lot of things in everyday military life that doesn't make sense....

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Why doesn't the USMC adopt embroidered/subdued cloth rank and wings insignia like the rest of the US military?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Why doesn't the USMC adopt embroidered/subdued cloth rank and wings insignia like the rest of the US military?

because those look stupid

and yes, we can...
new uniform board changed it back to being able to wear either subdued or anodized w/ cammies

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, USMC pilots and NFOs wear regular gold wings on their digi-cammies here in the 5th fleet AOR.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Per USMC Uniform Regs Paragraph 4002.3.b

b. Anodized breast insignia will be worn on all evening dress and dress uniforms. Either anodized or oxidized breast insignia may be worn at the individual’s option on the service uniforms, but mixing of anodized and oxidized breast insignia is not authorized. When breast insignia is worn on the utility uniform, shiny or oxidized/antique breast insignia will be worn at the individual’s option (Pres MCUB decision 8 Oct 03), with the exception that subdued brown or black breast insignia may be prescribed in a field environment in lieu of oxidized breast insignia.

phrogpilot73

ChuckMK23 said:

Well, they haven't adopted embroidered rank/wings... However... They have adopted subdued rank... Check out this picture - it proves it. On the left is what you're normally accustomed to. On the right is what is currently approved. Of course, the pints of Guinness in Shannon on the way home from Iraq is so much more beautiful...
xELinkMain.asp

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, I got promoted to JayGee in Primary with the guy on the right (along with 6 others of us). And the world continues to shrink.

phrogpilot73

gatordev said:
Hey, I got promoted to JayGee in Primary with the guy on the right (along with 6 others of us). And the world continues to shrink.

You're ****ting me, right... Were you in VT-6?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yup. I think everyone w/ yellow stars on this board was in Six, and pretty much every Gator from 98 until 2000 was. ;)