• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Water Survival Course (and dunker)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I've got requal coming in a couple months. Not looking forward to it. First time in API, it was like going to the water park. First requal...eh, at least it's over. Second...man, this kinda sucks. Third...gee, maybe I should do some swimming in the pool first.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got requal coming in a couple months. Not looking forward to it. First time in API, it was like going to the water park. First requal...eh, at least it's over. Second...man, this kinda sucks. Third...gee, maybe I should do some swimming in the pool first.

I'm with you Phrogdriver: My first qual at Aircrew school in 1986, with my first re-qual in 1990. Again in 1996 for API, then again in 1999, and last one was in 2005. They tend to get harder as you get older. I felt like a drowned rat after my requal in 2005. I really don't look forward to my re-qual in 2009.....about a year from now. I guess I need to hit the pool!!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

I don't think the suckage is linear... I think it's based solely on location. API in '99 - it was the initial, lots of pool time so not bad. Jacksonville, FL in '03 - sucked, plain and simple. May of this year in Norfolk - non-event.