• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

warrant officer to commissioned officer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

teejayuh60

Can anyone out there answer a few questions about how to go about getting into naval aviation from the army warrant officer ranks- specifically age requirements- I'll be 34 at time of separation from the army, but should have 2500 rotary wing time by then and about 800 of NVG's. I meet all other requirements, bachelor's degree, security clnc, etc.. Just want to know if the navy will waive age for someone with a considerable amount of experience. Thanks.

Mer

Hi teejayuh60!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was in your boat too but 2 years younger and the Navy would not waiver for a pilot slot. They have their pick now with the economy being so bad.
Sorry to tell you bad news. I suggest looking into a guard or reserve unit. They can waiver up to 35 with prior military aviator experience!
Good Luck!
Mer

Status
Not open for further replies.