• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver Questions

SWOMan

So Meps went basically as expected this week, and was told that I needed to file for 2 waivers with the navy. One of them is from a surgery when I was 13 on my elbow, no hardware was used. The other one was for the anti depressant my Dr put me on during my parents divorce. I have been off for over 8 years. The Doctor told me that these are easy waivers, and that he didn't even need any additional physician consults. He put down a recommendation for a waiver on my application. Generally does this mean the waiver will be approved? If so, how long does it normally take to get my waiver results back? I'm really hoping to be a last minute submission into the Dec 7th SWO Board.

exNavyOffRec

So Meps went basically as expected this week, and was told that I needed to file for 2 waivers with the navy. One of them is from a surgery when I was 13 on my elbow, no hardware was used. The other one was for the anti depressant my Dr put me on during my parents divorce. I have been off for over 8 years. The Doctor told me that these are easy waivers, and that he didn't even need any additional physician consults. He put down a recommendation for a waiver on my application. Generally does this mean the waiver will be approved? If so, how long does it normally take to get my waiver results back? I'm really hoping to be a last minute submission into the Dec 7th SWO Board.

N3M doesn't care if MEPS recommends you for a waiver or not, and if N3M wants to see a consult they will have you go, normally it is N3M that comes back with a request for a consult. Depending on what the documents say will determine what N3M wants.

SWOMan

Well they have all my medical information at this point, including all my surgery info/ recovery information. From your experience, think these are pretty easy waivers to get? I'm trying to get everything signed so that I can make this upcoming SWO Board. Time line is ticking.

exNavyOffRec

Well they have all my medical information at this point, including all my surgery info/ recovery information. From your experience, think these are pretty easy waivers to get? I'm trying to get everything signed so that I can make this upcoming SWO Board. Time line is ticking.

unknown, it just depends what is in the medical documents and how N3M reads it, you could have a PQ letter in a few days or they could want consults that could delay you for months.

SWOMan

lets hope for the first scenario. What's the general waiver percentage for something like this? Is the Navy Waiver friendly right now, or are we in a situation like 2011 when it was very difficult to get in?

exNavyOffRec

lets hope for the first scenario. What's the general waiver percentage for something like this? Is the Navy Waiver friendly right now, or are we in a situation like 2011 when it was very difficult to get in?

When it comes to medical there isn't waiver friendly, it is either you are able to be waivered or not, the thought process of N3M is that if a person isn't able to be waivered there will be another person wanting to come in.

On the non medical side there can be waiver friendly times.

The difference is if non medical waiver is given and a guys screws up you are gone, on the medical side if you are waived and the issue comes back then the gov't can end up having to pay you money.