• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver possibly being revoked?

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Ok, so I got a letter saying that a waiver for my knee was not recommended at this time (I had acl surgery 9/14, still on limited duty board so that's not a surprise). However they also revoked a waiver for an eye condtion I had previously been told my eyes shouldn't be a problem. Now I have a medical review board on Wednesday to determine whether I should ever remain in A-pool. So, the basis of this post is to ask how long it would ususally take to get a waiver. I know that my knee will be looked at sometime around the end of January. I have not had my NOMI yet, so I was surprised that they already had a physical to look at.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Dave... if you want help, you have to post your GPA and all your high school club accomplishments and follow it up by asking what that'll do to your chances of going jets...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Well, I don't really care for jets at all, I just want some advice about getting waivers.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Your waiver will take some time...there isn't much of an accurate way to determine it.

Without knowing the specifics of your ACL surgery, it does not surprise me that a waiver is not recommended....at this time...that is common language. Since it is to be re-evaluated in January, I would not sweat this one a whole lot. Focus on getting healed.

My best guess is that your waiver is going to depend upon your ability to retain full range of motion and be nearly pain free.

Regarding your vision waiver...it is really tough to tell without more specifics.

Regarding your med board on Wednesday...be honest, be politely aggressive about your desires and be respectful. Your fate, wrt remaining in A-pool, may rest (at least) partially on how the board percieves your desire to remain in the program. They will have most of your medical record before them, probably a three person board, likely all O-5s or above. Good luck to you.....I have been where you are now.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Knee waivers take time, because you need to fully recuperate and then rehab your knee. They'll have you do tests on both legs, individually, to ensure that your bad knee has gotten back up to your good knee's strength. I can't say much of anything about eye waivers.

Concur with feddoc's comments about being politely aggressive. You need to let them know how you feel about staying in aviation in the strongest possible and tactful way. Come up with a plan of attack, as well - talk to whoever is the stucon officer nowadays and ask him what usually gets asked in these boards and plan accordingly.