• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver period for Deviated Septum or Septoplasty?

Mxdamien

Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman,
Currently I am an applicant applying to OCS and had a question about deviated septums and septoplasties. Currently I have a deviated septum from a nose fracture 4 years ago that does not hinder or affect my sinuses at all; its just deviated. My question is will having a deviated septum require a waiver? I am going to see an ENT today to figure out the extent of the deviated septum as well as see if they can write me a letter stating that it does not affect me after I would assume they perform some minor tests/ CT scan. If they and I decide I need to get a septoplasty, is there still a 6-month post-op waiting period like there is for eye surgeries for applicants as well as a waiver process or is there no waiting/waiver process for a septoplasty on an applicant?
Thank You all for your help
Good Morning
/r

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman,
Currently I am an applicant applying to OCS and had a question about deviated septums and septoplasties. Currently I have a deviated septum from a nose fracture 4 years ago that does not hinder or affect my sinuses at all; its just deviated. My question is will having a deviated septum require a waiver? I am going to see an ENT today to figure out the extent of the deviated septum as well as see if they can write me a letter stating that it does not affect me after I would assume they perform some minor tests/ CT scan. If they and I decide I need to get a septoplasty, is there still a 6-month post-op waiting period like there is for eye surgeries for applicants as well as a waiver process or is there no waiting/waiver process for a septoplasty on an applicant?
Thank You all for your help
Good Morning
/r

Did you check out the MANMED?

http://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/IDCorpsmen_Docs/MANMED CH 15_P117_Change_140.pdf