• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WAIVER for PFA and TIS

@Nicki4110

@AwesomeNick
Good evening everyone!!! Does anyone have an idea of how to write a waiver request for PFA due to COVID 19 and EVALV due to Time in Service.

gniklu26

Good evening everyone!!! Does anyone have an idea of how to write a waiver request for PFA due to COVID 19 and EVALV due to Time in Service.

From the fleet processor, look at number 11 for the PRT.

Please submit all documents IAW the attached OCS Checklist and the below instructions and once medical reviews your documentation and if a waiver is needed and can be granted they will provide at the time of reviewing your medical documentation.

Please follow the below for application submission and submit to me when ready.

There is no waiver form, all applicant will write a letter requesting the waiver and have the Commanding Officer endorse.

All waiver request are to be include with the application submission, there is NO updated checklist to include the new AVO Officer program yet, so just submit your application whenever it is ready, all the documents are still the same.

Please follow the below directions and submit the application directly to me or officerapplications@navy.mil not both. Please do not encrypt when sending to that inbox officer applications, I will not be able to open the file.

If a waiver is required, All Applicant will submit a written waiver letter and include a Commanding Officer waiver endorsement letter, submit all with the application documentation as follows:

1. TWO PDF files:
(1) File 1 is application documentation; file must be less than 10 MB
(2) File 2 is medical documentation; file must be less than 10 MB

1. No blank, header pages, or enclosures pages are required
  2. pages 11-13 of the application are not required, also High School transcripts are not required
  3. ALL "HM" and Nuclear sailors must have an approved conditional release from the Enlisted Community Managers
  4. ALL USNR Sailor must have an approved conditional release from BUPERS
  5. Official transcripts from ALL Colleges attended are required, showing conferred degrees; if transcripts are foreign, transcripts must be translated from an accredited U.S. Evaluation service, provide all translated and original language transcripts with application submission.
  6. Board results may be released to BOL 2 - 10 weeks after the convening of the board
  7. If applying for CWE-18400, CW-18100 or SWO-CW-11605, INTEL-18300, OCEANO-18000, IP-18200 please include copy of your SF - 86
  8. The DD 2807-2 is not required
  9. Request applicant contact Detailer if under orders to inform of intention to submit for OCS or within 90 days of current PRD to obtain PRD adjustment.
  10. In the PRT Block write COVID-19 and supply the last 6 PRT Cycle PRIMS Report.

If you have any further questions, please email only due to teleworking.

@Nicki4110

@AwesomeNick
Thanks for your response. "There is NO updated checklist to include the new AVO Officer program yet, so just submit your application whenever it is ready, all the documents are still the same". Does this mean they don't have a deadline for the 2021 fall board?

@Nicki4110

@AwesomeNick
Thanks for your response. "There is NO updated checklist to include the new AVO Officer program yet, so just submit your application whenever it is ready, all the documents are still the same". Does this mean they don't have a deadline for the 2021 fall board?
I am done with my package, just waiting on the CO's signature which I should get before the end of this week. I saw that the schedule says deadline for the October board is 24th of sept. I am wondering if I can still submit this week.

gniklu26

I am done with my package, just waiting on the CO's signature which I should get before the end of this week. I saw that the schedule says deadline for the October board is 24th of sept. I am wondering if I can still submit this week.

I would reach out to the fleet processor and ask. However, deadlines are usually firm. You can still submit but your package will be rolled over into the next board.

exNavyOffRec

I would reach out to the fleet processor and ask. However, deadlines are usually firm. You can still submit but your package will be rolled over into the next board.
The PM makes the actual call whether or not an application goes to board, in general they are firm on deadlines.