• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver for expired ACT scores

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Ok, so heres my issue. I am currently deployed to Iraq and my ACT scores expire this month or the next. Due to our location I am unable to take the ACT (all the education centers over here are drying up) and will not make it home in time for the stateside test dates. My LCPO who is not really behind my package is not willing to allow me fly to another FOB for a day or two to take the test.

..quick rant...

When I chose to extend my EAOS to my PRD (22months) as opposed to reenlist cause there is no SRB or benefit he got angry....told me I only do things if they benefit me and I am only looking for the next step up. This ACT test is a prime example of why I have to look out for myself, cause the CoC isn't willing to. I take care of my guys but am always looking for the next step up.

Anyways, I spoke with Mr. Straten and he said to request a waiver in my personal statement and CO's endorsement for the 3 year requirement. Said he hadn't seen it before but it can't hurt to try. Any takes on how this will be viewed by the board? Since that ACT test I have been enrolled in college work almost year round and completed several CLEP tests. It is not like my brain is wasting away.

jl08

pilot
I'm not sure what the requirements are for STA-21 but when I applied for BDCP my SAT and ACT scores were over 7 years old. The recruiter said they were more concerned with my college performance than a test that I took in High School. I know that BDCP is a different program but I didn't need any kind of waiver, I just had a hard time actually getting an official copy of my scores because they had all been archived.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If you talked to Ed, and that's what he said to do, then it has to be a good idea. I would mention it in my personal statement and also have my CO mention it in his endorsement so that the board is aware of your situtation. Like Ed said, it can't hurt to try and the only way you'll know for sure is to apply

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Your best be will most likely be to put in a waiver request for the expired ACT scores, citing your current deployment and inability to get a test at your FOB and mention in your CO's recommendation (saying despite it you are still a must select for the program- or something along those lines).

Along the same lines with routing your chit for your expired ACT scores, the ultimate decision to fly you to another FOB to take another ACT does not rest with your LCPO. A request like that will be bottom lined by your DivO, DH or CO (most likely CO)... your LCPO will only be able to check a recommend or not recommend box- so if it is that important to you and you can find a FOB available to give you the test (Have all of the leg work done and submit the paper trail showing it with the chit) route the chit even if you don't have his support... it is your career.