• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting period for TBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyOCS

Quick question fellas. I am going to PLC-C this summer and then will go back to school and be graduated in DEC. of 2004. When will I report to TBS? What is the probability of being able to leave TBS for a couple of days for a wedding(my sisters)? Thanks for any responses.

Dustball

2nd LT
If your going PLC combined be prepared to grab you ankles trying to get a TBS date. I was combined last year and am waiting for one right now. It looks like I'll be waiting about 5 months before I report. Academy and OCC guys get first shot then ROTC then PLC. Just the way it works. As for leave I'm sure one of the TBS LT's on this site could answer it definitivly but I'm pretty sure thats a no unless the wedding is in the D.C. area.

cmdell

BriSimm007-
Don't believe everything you hear. I thought I was going to be waiting for a long timeafter grad for TBS, too. I had enough forethought to get all my paperwork ready (unless you plan on failing out of the program) so when I got home from OCS (PLC Sr) I could get things rolling right away. I graduated on Dec 13 and was commissioned Dec 20. I had to sweet talk the staff in the registrars office, but I got things done. I am checking in April 8 for TBS with C co. As I told someone before, the moral of the story is don't sit on your ass waiting for things to get done. From the candidates I talk to who are upset about waitng for TBS dates, waited for the OSO or the secretary to get the process started.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Say if you wanted to wait that 5 months (for a spouse to finish school) and report in July, is that simple enough? What do new Lts do for that 5 month lag?

NavyOCS

well that answers my leave question. My sisters wedding is in february. I thought I was going to TBS in like January. So, same question as prowler, what will I do from Jan. to june or july?

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
I went through this as well. Basically, I had to continue working my civilian job for a few months. (a crummy one at that). Here's what happened... Graduated college in May of 2002. Was commissioned in August and told that my tentative ship date for TBS had been pushed back once again to July of 2003. Around the second week of November 2002, my OSO called to wish me a happy birthday and let me know I needed to report to Camp Barrett (TBS) NLT 2359 on 25NOV02.
Do your best to plan around a long lag in training, but don't be surprised if you get orders giving you less than two weeks notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.