• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting period for API

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAChaney

Hey everyone, I'm reporting to Pensacola on March 27th and was wondering if anybody knows how long of a wait there is between reporting and starting classes. If anybody knows or has an idea, please let me know. Thanks

Blake A. Chaney

Brodie143

It changes about every week. Right now Whiting field is about a 15 week wait. As for corpus, all I know is that they are not taking anyone right now, but that can change. The wait was about 10 to 12 weeks. Vance and moody are faster but then you are training with the AF. NFOs are getting into Pcola faster than SNAs. Where ever you are going, you can expect atleast a 2 month wait. Enjoy the time off down here in Pcola.

Brodie143

Clarification: The is a 15 week wait just to start API. Not primary. Hopefully it will start to move a little faster as we get towards summer.

fate66usn

I'm reporting about the same time. 28 MAR. I assume to start API that next week, otherwise I would probably be stashed here with my ROTC unit. 15 weeks is probably between API and Primary

ENS Charlie Pruitt

JayManC

in the air force it would prolly be casual duty, but im sure that they would find something for you to do....passing out basketballs in the gym if necessary. the lucky ones either get to phone muster (call in at 7am to say youre still alive and not in jail) or get a job with the sims so as to be able to study for API and primary. the navys got this thing about paying people to sit on their duff.

<insert something witty here:>

Brodie143

Fate-
The 15 +- weeks is after you check-in to flight managment and go through medical. You have to get an up chit from NOMI here in Pcola. After that you have to take an in PFA and swim test. Then you sit in the A-pool. While in the A-pool you get to take BOLTC (Basic Officer Leadership Training Continuim) and IFS if you have not already had that. BOLTC and IFS do not affect the waiting period. Then on some thrusday you will be told that you are classing up for API. For most newly arrived students the wait is around 15 weeks for Whiting, a little quicker for CC, probably much quicker for Vance or Moody.

dhafeman-
You will do one of three things regardless of where you got your comission. Stash job, muster or a clss of some kind (BOLTC or IFS). If you don't have a stash job and you are not in IFS or BOLTC, you muster 5 days a week. MWF are PT and Tuesday is a uniform inspection muster. Haven't been inspected yet, they just pass out info at the muster location. Thurday everyone musters in the auditorium to see who is classing up.

Hope that helps. I am stuck in the A-pool as it is so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I know you want to get started as soon as possible, but I have been on the other end with two deployments. You want as much time off as possible before you hit the books very hard.

unfUSN

e
Originally posted by Brodie143
Fate-
The 15 +- weeks is after you check-in to flight managment and go through medical. You have to get an up chit from NOMI here in Pcola. After that you have to take an in PFA and swim test. Then you sit in the A-pool. While in the A-pool you get to take BOLTC (Basic Officer Leadership Training Continuim) and IFS if you have not already had that. BOLTC and IFS do not affect the waiting period. Then on some thrusday you will be told that you are classing up for API. For most newly arrived students the wait is around 15 weeks for Whiting, a little quicker for CC, probably much quicker for Vance or Moody.

dhafeman-
You will do one of three things regardless of where you got your comission. Stash job, muster or a clss of some kind (BOLTC or IFS). If you don't have a stash job and you are not in IFS or BOLTC, you muster 5 days a week. MWF are PT and Tuesday is a uniform inspection muster. Haven't been inspected yet, they just pass out info at the muster location. Thurday everyone musters in the auditorium to see who is classing up.

Hope that helps. I am stuck in the A-pool as it is so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I know you want to get started as soon as possible, but I have been on the other end with two deployments. You want as much time off as possible before you hit the books very hard.

Quick question-

Do anyone know that if you have already taken BLOTC, do they make you sit through it again?

ENS Payne

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists
who chose reassurance over reality.
- Unknown

moestud

They shouldn't make you to BOLTC if you have already completed it. They didn't make me take it again, and it had been 3+ years. They might want to see your certificate of completion, so contact the BOLTC people before hand, hear it from their mouths, not flight management.

jerry1ncs

I will be graduating OCS in beginning of Sept 2003. I don't know when i'm going to be reporting to API. Does anyone know the typical wait to get into Flight school?

Status
Not open for further replies.