• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait time in A-pool

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
How about for guys who don't have to do IFS? I don't have to do IFS, and I have been wondering if the wait time is less for guys who report to A-Pool and just have to class up for API -- any thoughts?

The wait time really varies. And it would be a waste of time to bug the flt mgmt ppl about it. You along with a whole butt load of other peeps will have reported to A-pool IFS complete. Some will wait longer than others. And some will class up within 2 months of reporting.

At this point in the game, I wouldnt worry about classing up for API. Enjoy the wait because there will be nothing like it ever again once the firehose is turned on.

Navyfan06

pilot
As far as IFS goes, everyone now has to do it in P-cola, you can't do it other places. I reported in 1 Sept and was asked if I was IFS complete (which I was) and was told that I got lucky b/c now everyone has to do it in the P-cola area (Eglin, Mobile, P-cola Regional, I think there are a few more) Also it took me 12 weeks to class up (Pilot).

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I know this has been discussed before, but I received a number of different perspectives on it. If you aren't going to do IFS, does that shorten your wait for API in any signifcant way?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
well I was hoping for a few more specifics (some were saying that the difference was negligible)... but I'll settle for mashing my head against the keyboard ^^ ;)

daskips01

For SNAs it all depends on when you check-in. If your orders have you coming down in April-June with IFS already complete then your wait can be as short as a month. If you check-in July-August prepare to wait for awhile as thats normally the time everyone else shows up. So if you want to get started as soon as possible and already have IFS complete, then tell your LT to put you in for the earliest report date possible after commissioning. Personally, I say wait it out. Enjoy your time stashed at your unit and/or down here in Psoda because it will be the easiest paycheck you ever earn.