• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait in Corpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThetaChi

pilot
Just finished up the hard part of API and I'll be headed to Texas soon. Does anybody KNOW what the wait is like to begin primary out there? (Recent check-ins, etc.) Thanks

TexAg03

On top of the wait... does anyone know if they will allow you to take leave once you check into Corpus?

snizo

Supply Officer
Wait isn't very long right now. Two or three weeks depending on how many people come over and check in on the weekend that you come and how classes fill up. The people who checked in today have a two week wait. It is different for marines, though.

You can take leave when you get here if time permits. I doubt they will delay your classing up for taking leave, so if you can move in, send up a leave chit with 5 days notice, and return (if flying) NLT 2 days prior to starting, you should be good to go.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Taking leave once you've checked into a squadron and actually started primary is kinda difficult, but while in the pool at the Wing you should be fine, as Snizo said.

theBRAD006

I picked HSC for the "C", not the "S".
pilot
You may be able to ram the chit through in fewer than five days. I fortunately had a couple weeks before I started. The real trick will be taking leave around the watchbill.

WannaBEaP3gal

My boyfriend got to Corpus this last monday and classed up friday... if you end up having to class up right away, there really isn't much free time to spare, you will be busy getting the check-in sheet completed.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The wait for Navy students has been two weeks at the most recently, depending on wheter or not you checkin in time to get assigned a spot in the class starting up on the friday following the day you get here, or if you have to wait a week for the next one. There are people whose wait was as little as 4 days, as IceWoman said

If you have a weeks wait or two in Pensacola you may be better off trying to take leave there.

ThetaChi

pilot
I guess that I'll answer my own question as well....I checked into Trawing 4 on a Monday and classed up that same week. Right now, it sounds like Navy SNA's are either going straight in or have a 1 week wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.