• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

W-1’s

robav8r

None
Contributor
Boy this should be interesting. Very small numbers, but how they’re integrated into their various commands will be interesting.

“The new W-1s won’t hold a commission, but enlisted sailors must salute them and render the customary courtesies given to other warrant and commissioned officers. They’ll be distinguished by a simple, yet distinctive, cross fouled anchors insignia worn on their caps instead of the traditional officer badge.”

brownshoe

Contributor
In my day WOs were all over place. We also had LDOs everywhere.

Crap, once I boarded a transport at Cecil headed for Yuma and an O4 came aboard and climbed into the right seat. While I was thinking to myself "Who the hell is flying this rig?" a Marine E9 came aboard and climbed into the left seat.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Boy this should be interesting. Very small numbers, but how they’re integrated into their various commands will be interesting.

“The new W-1s won’t hold a commission, but enlisted sailors must salute them and render the customary courtesies given to other warrant and commissioned officers. They’ll be distinguished by a simple, yet distinctive, cross fouled anchors insignia worn on their caps instead of the traditional officer badge.”
Odd that they have kept away from the rank, but it seems like a good idea for that skill set. Kind of reminds me of the “Corporal-Captain” from MASH.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
In my day WOs were all over place. We also had LDOs everywhere.

Crap, once I boarded a transport at Cecil headed for Yuma and an O4 came aboard and climbed into the right seat. While I was thinking to myself "Who the hell is flying this rig?" a Marine E9 came aboard and climbed into the left seat.
I realize that was a different type of E-9 but I just pictured flying next to a SgtMaj. Gives me chills.

brownshoe

Contributor
There are still lots of great folks of all ranks. Different generations but cut from the same cloth.

(Of course, there are still just as many dummies around too... always will be.)

Our dummies were given jobs like "mess-cook" or "officer in charge of ground transportation". Nothing to do with real squadron operations. Not like today. PC service!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Plenty of odd ducks where they will be working to include other W-1’s, probably won’t be much of an issue.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You take an AGM-88 (HARM)...make it better...now you have the AGM-88E...a SUPER HARM...SHARM!!!!

Because AARGM just doesn’t roll off the tongue.