• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vt-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

grose3

pilot
I just found out today that I will be in VT-6 for Primary. Is there anyone else who peruses these boards a fellow "Shooter"? Any info, gouge, or word about this squadron would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
VT-6 is the place to be... most of the instructors are nice as hell and they treat you like an officer.. which is why they say VT-6 has the highest winging rate of any squadron... (above 92% I think). Plus VT-3 will screw you by taking you out of cruise-forms to start RI's and then have u finish cruise-forms after a month and a half of not having flown either PA's or forms. Plus, 3 is run by air force.. for whatever that's worth. I've also heard the "VT-Screw" reference regarding 2.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those who call VT-2, "VT-Screw" don't know jack **** about what they're talking about. A buddy of mine is in VT-3 and he likes it. I know a lot in VT-6 and they like it. Put it this way, I don't know anyone that doesn't like their squadron.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Patmack...is LT Todd Boland over there? I.P. type that is

tarheel

VT-2 ROCKS!!! I'm an old doer bird baby! The DOR-birds...vt-screw...the list goes on...but nobody does it like the doerbirds do it!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It's funny , I went through Primary at VT-6 almost 20 years ago (well, 18) and people talk about the same stuff. In my day the perception was that Vt-6 was a little more laid back, VT-3 were the grading nazis and VT-2 was somewhere in the middle. Bottom line though is the everyone flew the same FTI and MCG - so the nuances of each squadron were just hyped.

Is tha awful mess shack still there? God I don't know how many dozens of sliders I ate there flying 2 x's per day.

The T-34C will be no great loss to see it go - it's time. Old airplane.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Chuck is pretty close. :)

I'm in VT-2, and I enjoy it. Only a couple of jerks, but you're going to get that wherever you go ...

VT-6 is chill.

VT-3 ... eh. Other than them bouncing people around in the syllabus, I guess their ok.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
travislikes said:
Don't make Ms. Mary angry.
(I am assuming she is still there, right? She has been there for like 40 years)

this man speaks the truth, but Ms. Mary is a big angry, don't let her get to you, she can have her moments, but they're far and few between

Shooters w/o a doubt the best primary squadron, have fun and don't blow any tires :icon_wink

Acoustix99

pilot
Tires?

Bah - forget tires....brake failures are much more fun......especially on a solo.......not like i'd know anything about that of course..........

Status
Not open for further replies.