• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VR squadron manning

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
I have a question regarding VR squadron manning. Prefer to ask someone currently in a VR squadron, either FTS or SELRES, via a PM. Thanks.

Nose

pilot
Last time I checked, they didn't put any men in VR squadrons.

I'm not VR but familiar with USNR squadron selections and manning. Feel free to drop a note.

Nose

pilot
Yo Dusty, been in that squadron long enough to know Bone?

I'm sure you are a man - just keep telling yourself that!!

Nose

Clux4

Banned
Had a question and did not feel like it is worth starting another thread.

Ever heard of Exchange tours within the Reserve community, meaning National or Reserves within the different branches of service.
I understand the amount of money and time necessary to train a new guy in a new aircraft but for those that fly similar aircraft, for example Navy and Marine Hornets or Helicopter. Maybe Army Huey units and Marine Huey's what would be the hold back even for a deployment cycle?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Had a question and did not feel like it is worth starting another thread.

Ever heard of Exchange tours within the Reserve community, meaning National or Reserves within the different branches of service.
I understand the amount of money and time necessary to train a new guy in a new aircraft but for those that fly similar aircraft, for example Navy and Marine Hornets or Helicopter. Maybe Army Huey units and Marine Huey's what would be the hold back even for a deployment cycle?

Yes. But it's not something you really apply for on the Navy side. SkidKid may have some Marine info on working w/ the reserve Marine side. For the Navy side, there has to be a need to grab guys from the active squadrons (over-manning on the active side and/or under-manning on the reserve side). It has happened (2004 when there were too many SNAs) and is happening now, but again, it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I do know that the HS guys can get orders to HSC-84, but don't know the details or how long that will last.