• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VR C-130s?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
The C-40 Clipper is a military version of the Boeing 737-700C airline transport...flown by the Navy VR squadrons...

Which begs another question: if the Navy is to continue having VR squadrons, why aren't they at least flying C-130's? C-9s & 737s are nice people haulers, but they don't tote very much gear. I guess the answer is: USAF.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Which begs another question: if the Navy is to continue having VR squadrons, why aren't they at least flying C-130's? C-9s & 737s are nice people haulers, but they don't tote any gear. I guess the answer is: USAF.

They are. There's actually a substantial number of VR C-130s (compared to C-40s which are replacing the C-9). I was just in one a few weeks ago, as a matter of fact.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which begs another question: if the Navy is to continue having VR squadrons, why aren't they at least flying C-130's? C-9s & 737s are nice people haulers, but they don't tote any gear. I guess the answer is: USAF.

They actually do tote gear, I went overseas to and Fallon several times with them riding in the back with cargo pallets carrying our gear in front. The C-40's and most of the C-9's have a cargo door and accomodations to carry the pallets.