• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Volume Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Does anyone remember a problem on the ASTB about measuring the volume of a rock by knowing the water that it displaced? Someone at my unit told me that they had that question and said that they weren't sure how to do the problem. I take the test on Tuesday and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do this type of problem or if you remember seeing it. I will be taking form 2 so any more info on that would be much appreciated. I have heard that there were a lot more trig type questions (sin, cos, tan) but I don't know what they are looking for in the questions, is it mainly finding triangle lengths and angles? Thanks for all the help.

"The dude abides."

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
unless this is a trick question, you start with a known volume of water, say 100 ml, throw in the rock. The resulting volume will be 100+R, so you simply subtract the result from the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.