• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Veterans Day

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
In the time I have spent on Airwarriors I have read everything from young high school students peering boldly into a future that might include naval aviation to combat veterans that range from Vietnam through Iraq and Afghanistan - and other places. Some are Navy, some are Marines, there is a smattering of Army types, some Air Force, and some Coast Guard. Some of you are great story-tellers, and some moan and whine a bit, and some are simply fishing for answers. But, I want to thank all of you who served this nation in uniform.

On Tuesday I was fortunate enough to go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, walk the plaza (something that hasn’t happened for 100 years) and leave flowers at that noble grave. With me there were the same people I find here - Cold Warriors, combat veterans, and people who served but never left the states. It doesn’t matter…you showed up and for that alone I wish you all the best today and in the days to come.