• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Value of JPME I for FTS?

electric_warrior

pilot
I'm was curious if anyone can speak to the value of JPME I for FTS aviation dudes (VTs) - specifically with respect to O-4/O-5 promotability and general usefulness (is the payoff worth the ass-pain of doing it?). Reading the course descriptions on NWC, it seems like a very operational/fleet-oriented program and not really geared toward an FTS career arc in the VT's - but it IS listed on the FTS Aviation Officer milestone chart so I figure it must be somewhat important. I'm considering the DL web-based program. I already hold an engineering masters of NPS fwiw, and am reluctant to dive back into school if it's of marginal value. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can make O-5 without it. O-5 doesn't really depend on your sub-community or JPME. But if you want to be a CO (and by extension, get another flying tour out of being an O-5), you need it. That's really what it boils down to.

Of course there are exceptions to the flying O-5 equation. But the duckbill platypus is an exception to.

<s> Duckbill Platypus

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I just got through the waitlist for JMO and start it in about a week. I can let you know the workload for the web-based DL in a few months! :)