• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNWC-JPME, JMO questions

Anybody on here do the distance learning, JMO course? I've done the first two, and it's sucked the life out of me--I liked the 45 retirement points, but I can't seem to pull it together and take that final course (the longest!).

I enjoyed the S&W course; I thought the subject matter(s) were really interesting, and I accepted that I could skim some of the readings and still do fine.

Anybody have any gouge on what JMO is like? TSDM, for me at least, had frequent group discussions/papers, which required a lot of activity each week. Our prof for S&W didn't put us into groups, so I could basically buckle down for three one-week periods and do my papers. Like most of us, I've got a job, kids who need help on homework, and a wife who actually wants to talk to me once in a while, so I'm reluctant to commit to the web-enabled JMO course, and they won't let me take the CD course. If anybody can share their JMO experience, I'd be grateful.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I'm currently doing the JMO seminar program, which meets once a week. I don't know if I'm much help since I think you're looking for the web-enabled course. In general, it's been a great course. Either way, PM me if you'd like any gouge. Advice from a friend who just finished the course, "It's only a lot of reading if you do it."

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I did the Web-based JMO course. I think each prof does it a big differently, but the big meat of the course was putting together an entire "war plan." You sit down and work from a theoretical crisis from WARNORD through COA development, CONOPS, I forget what else. We were in groups, but the prof offered the option to do the big project on our own. It would have been a lot of work for one person, but not impossible. IIRC, we just did a group discussion board for other class topics- no required chat times, just post on a bulletin board on Blackboard once a week or when required. Other than the big project, there was a little bit of individual work at the beginning of the class. I did the class in 2010.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I'm a JMO professor who just left teaching in Newport and now I'm teaching CDE in Jax. PM me your questions.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I finished the JMO online course in mid 11. It's a time commitment, but it's doable. It's a graduate level course. My grad school gave me 4 credits for it. It won't consume your life.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I finished the JMO online course in mid 11. It's a time commitment, but it's doable. It's a graduate level course. My grad school gave me 4 credits for it. It won't consume your life.
BI - what grad program ???

Anybody have a semi-current reading list for the course? I'd like to get a jumpstart, if possible. Thanks.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
AJPME is for Reservists only, if you were interested. For Active Duty you can only get Phase II in residence.