• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNR IWC Interviews

Mark I

Hello All:

New to the forum, but a long-time lurker. Have always appreciated how supportive and responsive everyone on here is and I was hoping those in the know might be able to provide some info from their own experiences about the interview process.

I am scheduled to interview in late July for a Reserve INTEL officer application (for FY Jan. 2017). Have looked through the information on a lot of the threads here but have yet to find any that were dedicated to interview preparation as such. Was hoping some of you might have some IWC interview-specific tips on how to prepare and put one's best foot forward. I am specifically asking as a non-prior civilian.

All my thanks in advance to anyone willing to share experiences either on the thread or via PM!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I was hoping those in the know might be able to provide some info from their own experiences about the interview process.
If you own it, wear a suit and tie; skip the vest. Make sure to polish your shoes. This is totally a job interview.

My interviews consisted of :
  • A basic review of my resume and security paperwork with one of the Chiefs. He was checking for inconsistencies between my resume and paperwork, and my responses to his questions about my paperwork.
  • A meeting with the site CO (O-3) to quiz me on my motivation and commitment to the process.
  • Lastly, a 2-on-1 with Reserve O-4 and O-5 to conduct a situational interview (times where I experienced adversity, concrete examples of leadership, etc...)
Carry a notepad and pen/pencil to write down names/titles of everyone you meet. If they offer suggestions, give them serious consideration, as the interviewers are not trying to bust your chops, just see where your head is at. Plus, when you get selected, these will be the same folks you'll be working with down the road.