• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNR DCO SF86

Brian1982

I am applying for an Aerospace Engineering Duty Officer position and need to fill out an updated SF86 to complete my application.

Just curious who else has done this and why the board needs a new SF86 considering I already have a secret clearance from my civilian job.

Also, its interesting that this SF86 is paper, and not e-QIP like the one for my civilian job.

das

Contributor
The package requires an SF-86 even if you have a current, active clearance, regardless of where you work -- it's just part of the board requirements. If selected, you will be required to submit any clearance materials via e-QIP as you're familiar with doing.

Brian1982

So after selection, you resubmit through e-QIP so that DONCAF can approve/disapprove? I'm assuming they will cross-check everything with my past SF86 that DISCO looked at, correct?

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Why not do the NASIS online one now? It builds the SF-86 for you and can be validated and added to later. Your recruiter should be able to establish a login for you so you don't have to do it again electronically after the fact.

das

Contributor
You still have to do the e-QIP entry again. NASIS just allows for electronic input and validation of entries.

Devil Duck

SF86 is part of the application process, even if you have an active clearance. Once you assess, you will not resubmit through eQiP if you have completed the appropriate investigation, and have been found worthy. I.e., if you have a current SSBI with a DONCAF adjudicated TS/SCI you will not need to resubmit. If your clearance was adjudicated by another agency, e.g., DOE, DONCAF would need to accept the previously completed investigation. Typically, DONCAF accepts OPM's recommendation. Your Navy Reserve SSO would still need to indoctrinate you before granting access. This is covered in SECNAV M-5510.10 DON Personnel Security Program.

If you do not have an active TS/SCI and require one, you'll submit the SF86 twice. Once through the recruiter to initiate the NACLC, determining your eligibility for a SECRET clearance. Once you commission, your NR SSO will direct you to complete a second SF86 through eQiP to initiate the SSBI. It's always a best practice to maintain a paper copy of your most recent SF86.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Thanks Devil Duck. I keep paper and electronic copies. 10 years of things is hard to remember these days.