• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA Summer Seminar APPs now Open!

JTB7

Thank you again for the imput.

I didn't take a look at the dates for the seminar until now and they are

Session One: May 30 - June 4
Session Two: June 6 - 11
Session Three: June 13 - 18

and my school doesn't get out until June 11th(I cant really get out of school early because finals are 1 and a half weeks long.) Is my school getting out late because May 30th seems a little early...My thought would be most students get out the same time I do and therefore session three would be pretty competitive.

Also, when do they let you know you have been accepted for a certain week? I dont to pay for airline tickets to get there and find out I wasnt accepted.

navy09

None
I went back in the day....didn't end up going to USNA though, but it was still an interesting experience. In hindsight, I'd say the best that came from it was that it prepped me a bit for my NROTC indoc.

If you're thinking about going to USNA, I'd recommend you check it out so you make an informed decision. And then try and go to the program where you follow a mid around for a couple of days later on. And then do the same thing with other colleges. Make an informed decision about the next 4yrs of your life.

I agree. I also went to Summer Seminar but didn't end up at USNA. In retrospect, it was a great opportunity that got me really fired up about joining the Navy and becoming a Naval Officer. It's funny to think back now (as a 1/C Mid) that it was taught by mostly 3/Cs, who seemed like adults at the time.

If you're even considering USNA, I'd highly recommend going to this if you can. Also, if you're considering NROTC, contact a nearby unit and arrange to shadow a Mid for a day.