• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA After Military

BRM21o

I was lucky enough to get selected for OPINFO (leave for Thanksgiving early to go recruit for USNA) and I have a few questions. Does anyone have any information about opportunities the Academy offers you once you're finished with the military that you wouldn't get by doing ROTC/PLC at a good state school (PITT, Texas, USC, etc). If there is any truth to the BS they feed us here? I would like to use it for my presentation. Thanks!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Networking is the name of the game, in my experience it really is who you know (what you know is pretty important too).

I think that the Academy exposes a person to more senior officers than other places which in the long run may pay off **caveat** I don't pretend to know what all goes on at NROTC, etc, but I'm speaking from my personal experiences of meeting a lot senior of O-5, 6, and 7's while at USNA.

The only other tangible thing I can think of is the Service Academy Career Conference, http://sacc-jobfair.com/

Skyrunner

Top Gunner
Can a foreign guy like me from Portugal, apply for the academy to become a pilot??I was thinking about that because i´m planning on moving to the USA as long as i´m dome with my studdies...Thanks
Cumpz

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can a foreign guy like me from Portugal, apply for the academy to become a pilot??I was thinking about that because i´m planning on moving to the USA as long as i´m dome with my studdies...Thanks
Cumpz

Must be a US citizen to be an officer.

Brett

Junior

pilot
Well it is always to cool to sit around the ready room and tell ROTC guys how good they had it. In all seriousness, OPINFO is a great deal and good opportunity to spread the word about USNA. A lot of people who have the credentials and desire don't even know it exists.