• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMCR Aviator Policy Change

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Just when you think the Marine Corps can’t get any dumber, it can surprise you.

Problem: critical manpower shortfall in tactical reserve squadrons.

Solution: force reservists out of VT’s and VMR’s after 36 months.

Result: critical manning shortfall in all reserve squadrons.

Good job, dipshits.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know FTS (or whatever the Marine equivalent is) people are technically reservists. But one of these days, the FTS and AC communities are going to collectively need to come to an understanding that there's a limit to how much you can beat drilling reservists about the head and shoulders. We all already quit or got laid off once, and for most of us, this isn't the job that brings home the bacon. We're here because we want to be here. There's a limit to how much you can make drilling reservists not want to be here before they just, you know, stop being here.

Last edited:

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
The job I’m in now, and the one I had planned to switch to made sense at the time but for some reason I’m feeling a strong urge to tell 4th MAW to get fucked.

If you’re looking for personnel satisfaction of telling of the dudes at M&RA to pound sand, then go for it. I just don’t think it’s going to change their attitudes or commitment to staying the course of the path it’s on. The next monitor will pass the buck and move on about life, and now you’re somebody else’s problem.

If you took the separation pay, pay that shit back and absolve from the IRR into a ANG gig. I’m sure they’ll be passing out signing bonuses anyways much like USMCR.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Why anyone would want to fly in the MC as a Reservist when AFR and ANG opportunities are so abundant is beyond me.
It's easier to walk your NATOPS jacket across the street than deal with all the fucking paperwork. It's basically like joining the military again. That and the AFRES/ANG don't want assholes, so they screen everyone at the squadron level.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
It's easier to walk your NATOPS jacket across the street than deal with all the fucking paperwork. It's basically like joining the military again. That and the AFRES/ANG don't want assholes, so they screen everyone at the squadron level.

Easy doesn’t mean better.

I’m aware. And they should. You’re choosing to work with a guy for a long time.