• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Reserves Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Load2Pilot

Just curious, is it possible to get a commission in the USMC reserves without going active duty? Also , can you become an aviator through the reserves without being prior active duty?

Load2Pilot

perchul

Well skid is dead on with that, albeit brief. Just to give you some more info you will actually only be in the USMCR when you first enter even though you'll be active so you can only actually get a slot in the reserves and you have to eventually get augmented into the USMC...I think except for the Academy boys though.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Basically to be a reserve officer you must complete an initial active duty obligation

Clux4

Banned
I will not completely say NO to getting a commission in the Reserves. There is this new program out there called the RECP which allows reserve Marines earn a commission and still be in the reserves. So it would be possible Load2pilot if you are in the reserves. This is only opened to non-flying MOS's. If you are interested in the program I suggest you go to the USMC webpage and search under the MARADMIN section.

3wire

perchul2 said:
Well skid is dead on with that, albeit brief. Just to give you some more info you will actually only be in the USMCR when you first enter even though you'll be active so you can only actually get a slot in the reserves and you have to eventually get augmented into the USMC...I think except for the Academy boys though.

All commissionees from all service academies now get reserve comissions. It used to be that academy grads got comissions in the regular component and ROTC grads got reserve comissions. I think that it's if you don't pan out well at an 0-1 (ie flunk flight school) they can IRR you and it saves them $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.