• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

usmc ocs selection?

snowman

hi everyone, im new to this so if i ask a question that has been asked please forgive me. I am a college senior and when i graduate i should have about a 3.0, maybe a little less. i was wondering what my chances are for being selected for the usmc ocs.
also as it may have it, over 3 years ago i had gotten a DUAI, which was a mishap that i have learned extensively from in all aspects of my life and have not had any other conviction in my life. i was wondering how much that would effect my chances also, i have not been able to find anything on that subject. if that disqualifies me right away would enlisting first help me out?
however, if i get excepted or enlist i will be taking a few months after school to settle affairs and get in tip-top shape, but i cannot find anything on how long it takes to find out the application processing time or how often they offer ocs... if anybody could help me here also, that would be great so i can plan everything more accordingly. Thanks

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I think the Mods will probably move the thread into the correct section. I have been told that I know nothing about officer selection, so take this with that in mind. Marine Officer selection is entirely different from any other service. There is no enlistment that I can recall and some candidates don't even report to OCS for fear of the program. The criteria is usually a qaulifying standardized test score(AFQT 74/ACT 22/SAT 1000 CR+M), a qualifying GPA (well above a 2.00), passing a physical (usually done at MEPS), a decent PFT score (260-280ish), a successful security background check(EPSQ-SF86), and either full-time enrollment in an accreditted college (PLC) or a four-year degree from an accreditted college (OCC). A DUI charge (as I believe you meant to spell it) can be waiverable depending on the circumstances. Make sure when you file for the security clearance that you list that under offenses. If anyone else can add or make changes I appreciate it.

JSVD

www.marineocs.com would be a better place to do some research. Read the rules, do some searches, and post an intro before you post.

No one can tell you if you will get in or not. All services select based on the "whole person concept". There have been people with low GPAs but they have had near perfect PT scores, good extracuriculars etc.

The DUI is bad, but is waiverable. Just be honest, ensure your OSO you learned for it... offer to take alcohol classes etc. You MIGHT be able to get a waiver. (but you better have good PT scores and do good on the ASVAB)

For now - run a lot, do pullups, pushups, situps, etc. Study for the ASVAB.

Contact your local OSO ASAP as they will be the only one who can really answer your questions.

USMC_WSO

Work-out! Do some community service

Concur, with working out - a good PFT score - max'ing it will get you far. For the DUAI, recommend you get some community service on your record or recommendations. Do some extracurricular activities with Boy Scouts, Church, try to get leadership positions. Best thing to do is find your local Marine Officer Selection Officer (OSO) and ask him to review your record.